If you look at my last two posts, where I discuss the trade-offs of living in one location over another, you’ll notice I referred to four locations, two of which haven’t been covered yet. As I do this, I hope you’re understanding that if you have a reading done, you should be cognizant of the necessity for the astrologer to tell you everything they can about a location. Don’t sugarcoat it. A client needs to know what they’re getting into.
So far, I have only covered midpoints. Writing an article covering 1500 words in which most of those words are needed to cover midpoints for only two locations, and where there are other interpretations and other interpretive techniques for one’s knowledge, means that I could write a whole series of these articles. You will have your own midpoints in every location you’re looking at; this is just to get a sense of one person’s experience and some insights into the reasons I made the decisions that I did.
The locations we haven’t covered yet are, Kihei, HI and Oakland, CA. Let’s start with Kihei, since I went there first. (And Kihei could stand in for any location on the islands, covering the Big Island on the southeast to Kauai on the northwest. As I’ll show later, there is at least one major difference even within that limited span of distance.
The first time I visited Hawaii, in 2015, I took several interisland flights from the landing in Honolulu to Maui, then from Maui to the Big Island (which required stopping in Honolulu even though it was out of the way), then from the Big Island back to Honolulu to take the flight back to the states.
On one of these flights a slightly younger woman than me (by about 5 years) ended up sitting next to me. We struck up a lovely conversation, and she was physically attractive. We ended up engaging phone numbers. Bear in mind that in my life that had never happened to me before, and when we cover Treasure Maps for Hawaii you’ll want to remember that story. Especially, since she lived in Honolulu and that was particularly close to some aspect lines to the planets’ ascendant and midheaven.
For Kihei, HI:
- Sun/Neptune (Ascendant) — A sensitive person, who will need to come to terms with any unfortunate experiences in life.
- Sun/Neptune (Midheaven) — Changes of direction in career, which must be carefully considered, otherwise the subject will simply drift.
- Sun/Ascendant (Jupiter) — A jovial person. The ability to cheer up those who are unhappy. One who enjoys life.
- Sun/Midheaven (Jupiter) — An optimist. Successful progress in the career. Involvement in publishing, the law or religion.
- Venus/Ascendant (Midheaven) — There is psychological integration between the objectives in life and the individual’s personality.
- Venus/Midheaven (Ascendant) — The individual would do well to form a working relationship with the loved one. Joint objectives and ambitions will be achieved.
- Neptune/Node (Ascendant) — A kind and willing, but possibly unreliable, indidvidual.
- Neptune/Node (Midheaven) — The need to develop more self-sufficiency.
- Pluto/Ascendant (Sun) — This influence will add compulsiveness and dogged persistence to the characteristics of the Ascending Sign.
- Pluto/Ascendant (Saturn) — Serious vulnerability to arthritic conditions. Needs regular and supervised exercise. Sometimes difficult psychological problems.
- Pluto/Midheaven (Saturn) — Either total frustration and inability to move on in the career, or the chief executive who is distant from the rest of the staff.
- Ascendant/Node (Jupiter) — An individual who is a terrific inspiration to others. The ideal priest or professor.
- Midheaven/Node (Jupiter) — The peacemaker. The individual will calm upsetting conditions.
Reading that, I get a sense that this location greatly improves my options.
- Mars/Ascendant (Sun) — A brave individual who will not take no for an answer! Tendency to risk-taking.
- Mars/Midheaven (Sun) — A strong will and determination to get ahead in the world.
- Neptune/Ascendant (Sun) — In most cases the positive attributes of both Sun and Ascending signs will be weakened, but a natural gentleness can enhance the personality. Deceptiveness.
- Pluto/Ascendant (Moon) — The influence will heighten the emotional level, so the individual will be prone to outbursts. Will need conscious controlling.
- Saturn/Ascendant (Venus) — The tendency to fall in love, but also the inability to express the feelings due to circumstance or the loved one being involved in another relationship.
- Saturn/Midheaven (Venus) — The tendency to become easily depressed by slights or minor unkindness.
- Uranus/Midheaven (Mars) — An energetic but ruthless attitude towards ambitions and objectives. Determination to “make it.”
- Ascendant/Midheaven (Mars) — A pioneering spirit and a constant need for action in career and lifestyle.
- Mars/Ascendant (Saturn) — The individual finds it difficult to develop full potential due to lack of self-confidence and inconsistent flow of energy.
- Mars/Midheaven (Saturn) — The tendency to stay in an unrewarding job due to lack of confidence.
- Neptune/Ascendant (Saturn) — The tendency to “give in” when under stress, due to lack of self-confidence.
- Moon/Midheaven (Uranus) — The subject will have plenty of ideas, but is not a good team worker. Disruptive tenencies will cause career problems.
- Node/Ascendant (Pluto) — The need to impress others through the showing off of the grand home, expensive car, etc.
- Node/Midheaven (Pluto) — A tendency to be boastful about success, which could not have been achieved without the assistance of colleagues.
- Sun/Ascendant (Pluto) — A dynamic, but difficult and forceful person.
- Mars/Ascendant (Node) — A good, energetic friend who will give plenty of encouragement.
- Sun/Jupiter (Ascendant) — A happy and philosophical attitude to life. Success without ruthlessness.
- Saturn/Node (Ascendant) — A genuinely shy person who will retreat into his or her own “shell” and only be really safe there.
- Uranus/Midheaven (Ascendant) — The whole personality will be geared to fanatical success. Perhaps scientific brilliance.
- Sun/Saturn (Ascendant) — Shyness, lack of confidence. Problems with the father or older relatives. Slow, sound development.
- Saturn/Node (Midheaven) — The need to take action, unassisted by friends or family — simply having to go it alone.
- Sun/Saturn (Midheaven) — A solitary person. No time for idle gossip. Will carry the heavy burden of responsibility.
- Mars/Neptune (Midheaven) — A liking for and identification with the exotic in lifestyle and fashion.
- Jupiter/Pluto (Midheaven) — Ambition and strong aspirations. The need to make progress and to be noticed by superiors.
Our Vibrational Astrology instructor always drilled into our heads that “orbs are everything”, which makes perfect sense. Bear in mind that some of these midpoints have larger orbs than others. Also bear in mind that some of these are direct midpoints (0 or 180 degrees) but more are indirect midpoints (45, 90, or 135 degrees). I chose not to include the orb or the angle for these posts but they are very important.
As an aside, there is one school of thought that states that if you are relating to someone from a different (perhaps radically different) location, such as getting to know someone in a relationship, the influence from that location will bring the effects of that location. I have some very good lines in Poland, specifically Warsaw, and spent some time seeking out potential partners over there.
Getting back to Hawaii, I’m going to post some Treasure Maps of that location. First, I’ll start with Love & Romance:
I should say that I’ve never lived in a location where Love & Romance was highlighted like this. You see the Venus square Ascendant crisscrossing the Venus opposite Midheaven. That’s where my IC (Nadir) line. I spent my time on Maui and the Big Island — the only two islands who aren’t highlighted (they’re next to each other). My introduction to this woman (who I mentioned earlier) happened on an inter-island flight going either from or to Oahu, and she lived in Honolulu.
Oahu is on the eastern side of the Venus IC line. That means it’s in the third house. West of the line is the island of Kauai, which is less populated and considered a ‘hippie’ type place that many people I’ve known enjoy, but an island I’ve never been to. Venus is in the fourth house here.
I’ll finish up today with the Friendship & Family map.
Most parts of most maps will be filled in on a Friendship & Family map, and it’s nice to see Maui influenced by the Neptune 80 degrees (binovile) from Ascendant, allowing for a comfort level in that location within the themes that Neptune gives (imagination and inspiration).
These are again from SIRIUS III, and that software package (developed by David Cochrane) allows you to click anywhere on the map for an interpretation at that location with every aspect to the ascendant and midheaven at that location. This is a software package with all the bells and whistles. I’ll leave it here for today; there is much more that we can do.